Sunday, September 14, 2008

Outlaw Day

This last week my girlfriend agreed that this weekend I should get to do what I wanted to do (since we'd done several things that she wanted to do lately). So during the week as I came across a show about motorcycle riders and I felt the urge to be an outlaw...within reason.

So on Saturday morning after sleeping in and breakfast I got my leather jacket on, we put on our helmets and hopped on my motorcycle. It felt good to be out on the road, riding against the wind, just a pair of rebels...on our way up to Brighton to pick fresh berries at the Berry Patch Farms (you didn't think my girlfriend would participate in an "outlaw" day if it didn't involve something for her, did you?).

With our freshly acquired stash and a bit of lunch we were back on the bike heading back into town for our next event. Every outlaw has the need sometimes to fire off some rounds, sometimes it just feels good. So we went out to shoot off some pistol rounds...at the Cherry Creek Family Shooting Center (just a note: 1. I love that name. and 2. You may be noticing a certain compromise-seeking trend here).

For the final part of the day, my girlfriend had a school event to attend, so it was time to hang out with some Army buddies downtown as we tossed back some Guinness and vodka. I'm not going to go into how the night ended here, but I didn't get home until early in the morning. All in all, it was a pretty good outlaw day, and I didn't even have to go to jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment