Monday, January 19, 2009

Life Moves Pretty Fast

It seems like just the other day I asked Erin what she thought about getting married.  Now we've got a date set, a location, a photographer, a florist, dresses picked out, colors picked out, and a pie & cupcake maker that we think we'll go with (instead of a huge cake).  It's simply amazing how fast life can move sometimes.

A little more than a year ago I was moving out to Denver alone, starting a new life and going back to school.  Now I'm within five months of graduating.  I understand more about business, people and myself than I did when I left California.  My health is much better than I could have hoped for two years ago.  I feel like I've touched more lives in the one and a half years that I've been out here than the previous three years.

This past week has included a poker tournament (where I'm starting to get better), time down in Castle Rock (where I plan on living with Erin come June), succession planning for the Association for International Management (whose presidency I'll hand off this Spring), and classes emphasizing the finer points of doing business in a global economy.  It's hard to keep up with it sometimes.

One of the great things about this blog (I hope) is that Erin and I can look back on it in a few years (or maybe even as soon as next year) and see what our life was like now. 

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

1 comment:

  1. Myron,

    you never know what's coming next do you?
    sounds like you are living fully, bravo!
    when you move to Castle Rock we'll be really close, we can meet at the brewery for a cold one,
    Joel [posted by: ]

    ReplyDelete