Sunday, April 26, 2009

Phipps Mansion Reception

I haven't been keeping up as well this quarter with the blog as I was last quarter.  I guess a full day of classes on Monday (when I usually wrote) is to blame.  It's certainly not for lack of events to write about.  Two weeks ago I got to go snowboarding with my friend Andrew up in Breckenridge.  The snow was very slushy, but we had a great time.  Of course, that week ended in true Colorado fashion with a heavy, wet blizzard.

That week also found me very involved with determining next year's leadership for the international management club I lead at school.  While there was very little turnout at the meeting I called a number of people got in touch with me over the week to let me know they were interested in leading the club.  For a while I had been stressed about what would happen to the club next year, but now I can see that it will be in good hands.

So as the blizzard passed and my worries about the club melted like so much Spring snow I was able to take my motorcycle out to get a tune-up and enjoy a warm sunny day this past Tuesday.  Of course my reverie passed quickly as Wednesday found me in work meetings and a doctor's appointment (all good) all afternoon followed by a midterm in International Business Law that night (easily completed).

Of course the wedding planning keeps chugging along as Erin and I got all the pieces for our invitations, put them together, and sent them out Saturday morning.  I think people are going to like the way they look.  We're also starting to get our ceremony finalized and sounding very nice as well.

The highlight though for this past week has been a visit to the Phipps Mansion here in Denver for an annual IMBA alumni reception.  Erin had never been before so it was nice to get all dressed up and show it off to her.


Well, I have more reading for school to do before we head out to enjoy a picnic on this beautiful sunny day while it still lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment