Thursday, May 27, 2010

Feeling Better and a New Jersey Wedding

After about a week of colitis symptoms the steroids my doctor prescribed have started to take affect and I'm feeling better (and really pepped).  It'll probably be a few more weeks until I'm in the clear and off the steroids, but that should be well before Erin and I leave for Taiwan.

Fortunately I was feeling well enough to head out to New Jersey with Erin over the weekend to take part in my friends' wedding.  I've known Billy since we were in Boy Scouts together and his wife Aly for some time now so it felt really nice to stand up as a groomsmen for their ceremony.

It was a tremendous amount of fun hanging out with all the guys as we went through all of the wedding rituals and festivities.  Erin even got a chance to see her friend Stephanie while I did some of the more mundane tasks (tuxes & photos) with the guys.  Though Erin and I flew in too late to make it to the bachelor/bachelorette parties we had a great time at the reception/welcome dinner on Saturday night.  Held at a nearby hibachi grill, it was a very exciting and delicious meal.  There Billy presented each of us groomsmen with a bobble head made in our likeness.  Hilarious!  The whole night was a lot of fun.

On Sunday we had the wedding with a nice ceremony and cooperative weather.  The whole thing was out at a fancy farm in Andover, NJ and was very well done.  From the food to the service and all the little details, everything was spot on.  We had a great time chatting with everyone, taking photo-booth pictures, and shaking it on the dance floor.  Plus I've come to appreciate going to weddings more now that I've got someone to go with.

The next morning, before we all left to go our separate ways, we had breakfast together one last time.  It will probably be at least a year before I see many of these friends again, but we've gone that long without seeing each other in the past and yet found ways to always get back together again.  I have no doubt that will continue to be the case in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment