Sunday, February 24, 2013

Social Weekend

For those of you reading regularly I'm a bit behind on my blogging and trying to catch up.  About two weeks ago Erin and I had a social weekend with our friends and family.  First was bowling on Friday night with friends at Lucky Strike Lanes.  The downtown location provides a hip atmosphere for drinks, snacks, and bowling.  However, finger foods and public bowling balls don't seem to make the most sanitary combination.  Erin and I had a good time, but had to leave before too long as we were pretty tired from the week of work.

Next, on Saturday night Erin and I met up with her parents for a night of dinner and theater.  For dinner we went to Rioja for a very nice meal.  We then walked over to the theater to watch Romeo and Juliet.  The actors performed well, but it's not a play I particularly enjoyed.  Maybe that's just because it's such a staple of our culture.  I'd prefer to see some adaptation like "Romeo & Juliet - Undead" where the star-crossed lovers return from their graves to exact revenge on their warring families.  In any case it was nice to get out for the night.

On Sunday we joined our Supper club at True Food Kitchen.  The restaurant works to be very green and healthy, but I didn't find my meal to be prepared all that well and the service was pretty slow.  I expected more.  The slow service did give us plenty of time to chat and enjoy the company of one of the couple's baby.

Altogether it was a very social weekend with lots of good friends, family, and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment