Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Spring Break

Well spring break has come and gone quickly this past week as I now start back up with classes.  Perhaps it seemed to go quickly because of all the celebrating last weekend.  First downtown on Friday night after my last final, then on Saturday as we celebrated Erin's father's birthday, then St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday. 

I'm actually a little surprised that Brian and I we're able to make it up to Copper Mountain for snowboarding on Monday in between all the partying.  It turned out to be a great day and I'm glad we went.  It was also fun to include Erin's brother Andrew as he was also on spring break.

The rest of the week was just as busy.  After recovering from St. Patrick's day Wednesday morning Erin and I went up to see the guy that's making Erin's wedding band assured that he was finished fixing up the engagement ring that he was using as a mold.  While the engagement ring looked great we were dissapointed to find out that he hadn't re-sized it.  We came back an hour later hoping that the ring would be ready, but were instead met with an explanation that the ring had broke when bent for resizing and would require additional work.  Hopefully it will be ready this week.

Thursday was definitely one of the most interesting days of the week as I went in to see Erin teach one of her classes.  It was certainly a different environment than what I'm used to and it was nice to see what Erin does on a regular basis.  While most of the time was spent by the students giving demonstration speeches (demonstrating different skills for 5 - 10 minutes), I was still able to see what Erin deals with each day.

The rest of the week has been spent working on a website for one of Erin's friends.  I'm glad to have the work and hope I'll be able to get more clients this next quarter.  Still, it doesn't really feel like spring break was much of a vacation and instead a chance to do some different things.  Fortunately with only two classes this quarter I should have more time to do both more work and have more free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment